English Mastiffs need sleep. But unlike humans, they snooze at around 10-12 hours at night and during the day. Whether it’s a whole night’s sleep or a quick daytime nap, your dog deserves only the best dog bed in the world.
A soft, comfortable, and warm bed to lay on reinforces a better sleep experience. This, in turn, grants your English Mastiff a better brain development, memory, learning capacity, and immune system, according to Dr. Joan C. Hendricks.
However, finding the right dog bed definitely isn’t easy. Consider the cost, durability, quality, material, and more before you pick one for your English Mastiff. For such a large dog, it’s going to be a king-sized bed they need.
A Quick Ranking of Our Best Dog Beds for English Mastiffs
9 Best Dog Beds for English Mastiffs
1. PetMedics Calming Plush Dog Bed – For an All-Year-Round Choice
- Size: Small to extra large
- Material: Polyester
- Dimension: 42 x 34 x 12 inches
Petmedics has a warm and cooling feature with heavy-filled bolsters. It’s certainly a great choice, thanks to its all-year-round quality. Switch the pillow to the faux fur side of the mattress to keep your English Mastiff warm, or go for the microsuede for a cooling sensation.
Inside is a memory foam that shapes according to your dog’s body. There’s an ease in movement while laying on it without experiencing body pains due to wrong sleeping positions. It’s your dog’s ultimate orthopedic bed.
The anti-skid surface also makes this dog bed ideal for active pups. No scratches will show no matter how they dig into it. Ease your doggo’s separation anxiety as well through the side mesh panel that exudes a sound soother effect.
- Packed with bolsters for support
- Can be used during winter and summer
- Anti-slip properties for dogs that move a lot
- Ideal for English Mastiffs with hip dysplasia and joint issues
- Needs to be assembled first
- It comes a bit pricey compared to other dog beds
2. Amazon Basics Cooling Elevated Pet Bed – For Frequent Movers
- Size: Extra small to extra large
- Material: Breathable mesh fabric
- Dimension: 51.3 x 31.5 x 7.6 inches
An elevated dog bed from Amazon Basics has continuously satisfied thousands of dog owners worldwide. It’s a premium choice for outdoor napping or when your English Mastiff wants to be 7 inches higher.
Worry less about how heavy your four-legged friend is; this elevated dog bed has a sturdy frame and hole-free, robust mesh fabric for the cot. Nothing matches its terrific price than its excellent product quality.
It’s truly recommended for big dogs. Transferring your canine’s dog bed is easy, too, as it’s lightweight, easy to dismantle, and easy to assemble. It doesn’t wiggle no matter how much movement your dog makes.
- It’s a more affordable option
- Lightweight and easy to carry around
- Has a sturdy structure and a reliably strong cot fabric
- It can accommodate approximately 110 pounds of weight
- It needs to be assembled first
- Not an ideal choice for cold temperatures
3. Windracing Orthopedic Dog Bed – For Added Comfort
- Size: Medium to extra large
- Material: Thermoplastic polyurethane
- Dimension: 47 x 33 x 4 inches
There has been so much thought into designing this orthopedic dog bed. The 4-sided pillow is meant to support the neck, head, and hips for a more restful sleep. The liner pad in it is waterproof, all thanks to the TPU cover, which resists any soaking experience.
Also, it’s an excellent choice for English Mastiffs as it provides comfort for those with arthritis or joint pains. The product is made from high-density egg-crate foam, and it’s breathable to the touch.
It’s great only for indoor use to avoid getting it soiled quickly. But, if it gets dirty, maintaining this dog bed would only require removing the covers and tossing it in your washing machine.
- Easy to wash and clean
- Features a head support area through the borders
- Great as an orthopedic reinforcement treatment for dogs with arthritis
- It’s to be used indoors in clean areas
- The cover may take a long time to dry when washed
4. Bedsure Waterproof Dog Bed – For All Seasons
- Size: Medium to extra large
- Material: Plush and polyester fiber
- Dimension: 44 x 32 x 4 inches
If you kennel or crate-train your English Mastiff, the set-up won’t be complete without making their space comfy. This Bedsure waterproof bed is faultless in every way, which is why it’s another ideal pick to guarantee comfort.
The inner lining is waterproof and fully stuffed for maximum support; your doggo won’t feel the hard surface of the ground. This bed can also be placed anywhere. It doesn’t matter if the floor is rough or smooth, as the cover has a non-skid bottom.
To add, it features a 2-way design great for the heat and cold. Switch anywhere between the fleece top and the oxford bottom, depending on the temperature.
- Excellent for kennels
- It comes as a waterproof pillow
- Highly recommended by dog owners
- Heavily stuffed, so the dog bed doesn’t get thin
- Not an ideal choice for chewers
- It has to be used with care, so it lasts long
5. Teodty Dog Bed – For Massive Dog Breeds
- Size: Medium to Jumbo
- Material: Polypropylene
- Dimension: 55 in x 38 in
What’s fit for the king is the Teodty dog bed, and no one rules the dog world in your house other than your English Mastiff. With its available medium to jumbo size, you’ll have the assurance that your large Mastiff can fit its entire body in this plushy crib.
The moment your canine gets to feel the supreme comfort of this bed, you’ll have a hard time making them leave this spot. This bed is absolute dog heaven. Your dog napping here often shouldn’t come as a surprise at all.
Notice that the surrounding borders provide security while your dog slumbers.
- It comes in large sizes and dimensions
- The corners serve as a comfortable spot for headrests
- Features non-slip, supportive, secure, and comfort quality
- Stuffing satisfaction varies from one dog to another
- You may have to size up your order for giant dogs
6. Laifug Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed – For Extra Support
- Size: Medium to jumbo
- Material: Memory foam
- Dimension: 50 x 36 x 10 inches
The Laifug orthopedic dog bed is all about smart designs. The pillow headrest rises 3 inches above, and the footrest elevates to 1.8 inches for a perfect and complete night’s sleep. The memory foam that’s been utilized aids dogs in getting the right amount of support as it molds according to their body.
It won’t quickly flatten out as all materials are high-grade; at least 90% of the bed’s original structure can be retained even after 3 years of use. Additionally, the waterproof liner is made of a 100% microfiber fabric, which is also tear resistant.
Maintain its sparkly clean condition by machine-washing the covers and tumble-drying them on a gentle setting. All Laifug orthopedic beds usually come in dual colors.
- Features a headrest and a footrest
- Made only from high-grade materials
- Guaranteed to be tear and water-resistant
- A perfect choice for dogs with joint issues
- Requires extra care in washing
- The inner lining needs to be checked regularly for moisture
7. PetFusion Ultimate Dog Bed – For Heavy Dog Breeds
- Size: Small to XXL Jumbo
- Material: Polyester, cotton, twill, polyfill bolsters, memory foam base
- Dimension: 50 x 40 inches
There’s really no reason not to like orthopedic dog beds. But while there are many in the market, not all of them can satisfy your English Mastiff dog’s high standards for beds. Luckily, PetFusion, among others, has emerged.
Inside is 6-inch solid memory foam with recycled bolsters composed of polyester, twill, and cotton. The combination effectively eases joint pains and anxiety, a sure haven for dogs when you’re not at home.
The brand also boasts that it passes the European regulation’s REACH standards, making it a safe choice for all four-legged companions.
- Eco-friendly with its recycled bolsters
- It doesn’t cause skin irritations and other skin issues
- Guaranteed safe to use as it passes REACH standards
- A supreme orthopedic dog bed for dogs with arthritis and hip dysplasia
- Zippers need to be handled with care
- Not an excellent choice of dog bed for dogs who love to dig
8. Sleemon Memory Foam Dog Bed – For Mild Chewers
- Size: Medium to Large
- Material: Memory foam
- Dimension: 30 x 20 x 4 inches
Sleemon dog bed is practically engineered for your dog’s comfort. Inside are many layers that grant a peaceful sleep, giving your dog a lighter mood during the day.
A removable coral fleece on the cot can be taken off for a more relaxed experience, and there’s bite-resistant sofa linen which is great for chewers. Still, it’s crucial to eliminate chewing behaviors to maintain the dog bed’s condition.
Underneath is an egg-crate orthopedic support foam and a non-slip rubber bottom for a clumsy English Mastiff. These are all covered by a breathable flat panel cloth, premium quality, and easy to wash.
- It can be used either during summer or winter
- Doesn’t easily slip or move around when in use
- It uses a breathable panel cloth for easy washing
- Features bite-resistant linen, perfect for massive chewers
- Zipper handles require extra care
- Comes a bit expensive compared to other dog beds
9. Kopeks Orthopedic Dog Bed – For a Premium Therapeutic Experience
- Size: Extra large
- Material: Polyester, memory foam, suede
- Dimension: 50 x 34 x 7 inches
Also, with its 3 inches thick pillow, it’s highly impossible to feel the floor’s surface. The premium and therapeutic memory foam are hypoallergenic. It’s better than those you find in stores!
With your English Mastiff spending half of their day napping, their sleeping spot should be ideally soft, comforting, and tempting. Another orthopedic dog bed that makes thousands of dog owners go gaga is one from Kopeks.
The excellence with its price comes with a water-resistant double-layered protection cover that has an anti-slip feature. Teach your English Mastiff how to use the headrest for a better sleeping experience.
- It has an anti-slip quality
- It comes with a 3-inches thick pillow
- Highly functional with its water-resistant property
- Features a hypoallergenic memory foam; great for dogs with sensitive skin
- It’s expensive compared to other dog beds sold on the market
- Maintaining the excellence of the cover requires gentle washing